Thursday 19 March 2009

Deranged pervert Josef Fritzl gets life sentence



73-year-old Josef Fritzl of Austria is sentenced to life in prison where he would get psychological help. The Guardian reported today.

According to the Guardian, Fritzl enslaved his own daughter since the age of 18, for 24 years, during which he abused her and forced her to have seven children, one of which, a twin, died during labour for not having the medical care necessary to give birth. Fritzl is believed to have gotten rid of the baby-body by burning and burring it afterwards.

Fritzl was discovered more than nine months ago when one of his prisoners run away from the cellar where they were being held captive. A police officer found the prisoner and then ran to investigate where this person had come from and found the horrific crime scene.

Since the detention of Fritzl, he has declared that he did not realise who much harm he had done to his own daughter and that he was completely sorry for his actions.

The guardian has reported today: "I regret from the bottom of my heart what I have done to my family. Unfortunately, I cannot make amends for it. I can only try to look for possibilities to try to limit the damage that's been done, he (Fritzl) said." But this did not stop the judge from giving him the maximum sentence available in Austria.

The Sun reported today: "He (Fritzl) told a hushed court: It was only yesterday I realised for the first time how cruel I was to Elisabeth. I never realised it was such a bad situation."

Today, the world has seen justice. A man who enslaved his own daughter for such a long time will get what he deserves as he spends the rest of his miserable life in prison.

Honestly, I didn't believe in death penalty, but today I have charged my mind. I believe that such a cold-hearted person does not deserve to live the life that he has taken from someone such as his own daughter and the children he forced her to have with him for as long as 24 years.

However, I am very glad with the sentence and, besides the fact that I don't agree with Fritzl being under psychological care, because I don't believe he needs any - I just believe that he found pleasure in forcing someone to do the things he wanted, just because he could - I am very pleased with the fact that him too, will soon not be able to see sunlight again. Just like he forced his daughter not to see sunlight for 24 years.

The pictures used for this article were taken from: http://www.thesun.co.uk/ and http://www.expressen.se/

Guardian article used to write this story:

Sun article used to write this story:

Josef Fritzl case profile (Wikipedia):

4 comments:

  1. In my own personal opinion there's no way to make justice, this was a horrible crime, that woman lost the best part of her life, now she will live with traumas and what about the children? if someone needs psychological help is that woman and her children not Fritzl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The death sentence would be too rewarding for someone like him, the most fittng sentence would be to lock him in a small room for the rest of his life and frequently force him to have intercourse with an old man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both of you, and I think we all agree that this guy is a monster and does not need psychological help. It is a real shame the guy is 73 years old and his life will end soon. I wish he were younger so he could pay for all the stuff he did.

    Thank you both for the comments. I appreciate the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wonder, why isn't Fritzl's wife being interviewed by the police, and why hasn't the media covered that yet? What about Fritzl's children? It almost hasn't been stated by the police! Umm!

    ReplyDelete